2012. Inkjet prints on coated paper, dimensions variable.
» Website: StreetGhosts.net
Press Release on 20th September 2012
- Press photo compositions in high-res
- Press pictures in high-res
and web albums of all the ghosts
- List coverage by global media
- Interview on Libération (en) (fr)
- Artist's statement and theoretical text
Selected press coverage
- Mashable, online news, U.S., 2012
- Canal Plus, French TV, interview, 2012
- DW TV, interview, Germany, 2012
- SWR-Fernsehen TV, Germany, 2013
- O Globo, interview, 2012, Brazil
- BILD, review, 2012, Germany
- NRC next, interview, 2012, Netherlands
- Libération, interview, 2012, France
- Le Nouvel Observateur, 2012, France
- Business Punk, review, 2012, Germany
- ION magazine, review 2012, Canada
- The Atlantic & Atlantic Cities - U.S.
- Huffington Post U.S. & UK & IT
- Daily Mail - UK
- Toronto Standard - Canada
- O Globo - Brazil
- The Standard - Hong Kong
- BILD - Germany
- Hamburger Abendblatt - Germany
- der Standard - Austria
- NRC NL - Netherlands
- R TV - Romania
- R TVI 24 - Portugal
- Libération - France
- Ecrans - France
- L'independant - France
- 20 Minutes - France
- 20 Minutos - Spain
- Sky News - Italy
- El Pais - Spain
- 24 Horas - Mexico
- TIME Lightbox - U.S.
- Peta Pixel - U.S.
- PhotoBlog - Hong Kong
- Architizer - U.S.
- Here Is The City - U.S.
- Spacing Vancuver - Canada
- The Polis - U.S.
- Creative Review - UK
- Co.Design Fast Company - U.S.
- UK Street Art - UK
- Vandalog - U.S.
- Arte Y Callejero - Spain
- Rebel Art - Germany
Life-sized pictures of people found on Google's Street View were printed and posted without authorization at the same spot where they were taken. The posters are printed in color on thin paper, cut along the outline, and then affixed with wheatpaste on the walls of public buildings at the precise spot on the wall where they appear in Google’s Street View image. The physical evidence of the ghosts’ appearance may vanish quickly, but its documentation will remain forever. Street Ghosts reveals the aesthetic, biopolitical, tactical and legal issues, which can be explored through the artist’s statement and theoretical considerations
Selected pictures of installations at the following cities:
, Brooklyn NYC, Denver
, Brussels, Lyon
, Bilbao, Barcellona, Sydney.
Selected shows and presentations
Lincoln Digital Culture Festival, exhibition, Lincoln - UK
Artists as Catalysts, exhibition at Alhóndiga, Bilbao - Spain
Eastern Bloc festival, exhibition, Montreal - Canada
MediaCities festival, exhibition, Buffalo - U.S.
Drones / Birds: Princes of Ubiquit at The Digital now, exhibition, Brussels - Belgium
The Big Picture, exhibition at Museum of Contemporary Art of Denver, Colorado - U.S.
Public Private, exhibition at Kellen Gallery of The New School, New York - U.S.
ShowCase 2013, exhibition at Eyebeam, New York - U.S.
26. Stuttgarter Filmwinter, exhibition, Stuttgart - Germany
Claude Crommelin, "New Street Art", Vivays Publishing, UK 2013, ISBN 9781908126511
“European Youth Trend Report 2013”, Ghent 2013, ISBN 9789082014709
Yael Eylat Van-Essen, “Photography Beyond Representation”, London South bank University, UK 2013
Danièle Méaux,”Protocol and contemporary photography”, publications de l'Université de Saint-Etienne, Toulouse 2013
Joe Nagle, "How to Enjoy Contemporary Art, Nine key Explanations that will help you", UK 2013
“Berliner Type und Corporate Design Preis Jahrbücher 2012”, TELLUS GMBH, Berlin 2013, ISBN 9783942071147
ETC Magazine, Canada, ISBN: 978-2-924114-02-5
| | | | | | |