2012. Mixed media and audio installation, 2000 hour long track.
» Website: Persecuting.us
- Press Release, 15th November 2012
- Press Kit, high-res Images & all PDFs
- Interview on Rooms Magazine
- Review on Survey of New Media
- Text "Anti-Social Sculptures"
- Theoretical text and technical details
- Code of the hack, ZIP pack
Selected press coverage
- ROOMS, interview, UK, 2012
- Beyond the Beyond, Wired, U.S. 2012
- INFORMATIÓN, review, Spain, 2013
- ARCO Art, review, Spain, 2012
- WIRED IT, interview, Italy, 2013
- Corriere, review, Italy, 2013
One million Americans were sorted by political affiliation and exposed to public persecution in the aftermath of the 2012 U.S. presidential election. The data was harvested from Twitter.com and recontextualized on the website Persecuting.US, which offers a platform for engaging people in surveying and persecuting each other in a form of info-civil-war of political polarization. The art installation evokes the activity of wiretapping the Internet to monitor political opinions and to profile voters. Through an audio installation the audience can listen to a track (over fifty days long) from computer voices reading the dataset of statements of Americans sorted by their political views.
Selected pictures of installations at the following shows
Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, U.S.; Modelab, Wellington; Eyebeam, NYC.
Panopticon, exhibition at Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, Salt Lake City - U.S.
Surveillance Awareness Bureau, exhibition at Modelab, Wellington - New Zealand
The Poster in the Clash of Ideologies, exhibition at DOX, 2014, Prague - Czech Republic
Run Computer, Run, exhibition at Glitch festival in Rua Red Gallery, 2013, Dublin - Ireland
Fast Connection Search, exhibition at the Internet Week NY, 2013, New York City - U.S.
Showcase 2012, exhbition at Eyebeam Art + Technology Center, New York City - U.S.
| | | | | | | |